WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
* 1,151 broadcasting sites.
* 3,698 digital transmitters.
* All cities and towns in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands where digital terrestrial television is available*****
WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN AUSTRALIA
* 597 broadcasting sites.
* 2,841 digital transmitters.
* All cities and towns in QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS, SA, WA and NT where digital terrestrial television is available***
WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED IN NEW ZEALAND
* 35 broadcasting sites.
* 344 transmitters
* All cities and towns in the North and South Islands where digital terrestrial television is available****
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Using your current location, your device's compass, and the target site's effective radiated power, Antenna Mate instantly estimates the signal strength of all nearby sites and automatically plots a bearing to the best one**.
Under normal circumstances you should get an initial result within seconds. The longer you leave Antenna Mate open, the more accurate it will become. For best results use Antenna Mate outside in an open space and away from objects which cause interference.
Antenna Mate doesn't need an internet connection, that's one of the reasons why it's so fast.
DETAILED TRANSMITTER INFO
Complete listings of all digital terrestrial transmitters are available at each site. Listings include the callsign, frequency (MHz), channel, polarisation, and effective radiated power (kW).
ALL SITES BY STRENGTH OR DISTANCE
Prefer to align your TV antenna with another broadcasting site? No worries! Sites can be listed from strongest to weakest, or closest to furthest away. Pick any site from the list and Antenna Mate instantly plots a new bearing to the targeted site.
Using an amplifier or high gain antenna? You can increase the search radius up to 200 km (120 mi) from your current location.
LIGHT AND DARK DISPLAY SWITCHING
When your device is in direct sunlight Antenna Mate will automatically switch to a light display making the arrow easy to see. Perfect for performing an alignment during the middle of the day.
USE IT UPSIDE DOWN, OR THE RIGHT WAY UP
Antenna Mate is smart enough to know when your device is being held upside down, or the right way up. Either way, it will always point to the targeted site.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
We would love to hear your feedback or help you troubleshoot. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @antennamate. Follow us on Twitter to get notified when transmitter data is updated.
* Time taken to find best broadcasting site and directional accuracy will vary based on device and external environmental factors.
** Best broadcasting site is measured by estimating maximum theoretical field strength in free space (No obstructions or reflections). Actual field strength will be lower. Closest broadcasting site is measured by estimating distance using line of sight. Distance is only an approximation.
*** Based on Australian Communications and Media Authority data.
**** Based on Radio Spectrum Management and OpenStreetMap data.
***** Based on Ofcom data.
- Better low accuracy detection
- Better plotting when moving locations
- Data for Australia updated as of January 2020. -15 transmitters
- Data for Australia updated as of 3 December, 2018. -5 transmitters.
- Updated data for Australia for April 2018. -5 transmitters.
- Changed layout of transmitter list screen to work better with large text sizes
- Estimated signal strength is visualised on the Change Site screen.
- Distances are measured in miles or kilometres based on your region.
- Change the sorting, or increase the search radius from the Change Site screen. One less tap.
- Fonts are larger and bolder making it easier to read information.
- Updated Australian data as of August 2017. +14 transmitters from last update.
- Minimum iOS version requirement has been upgraded to iOS 10. Existing versions of Antenna Mate will continue to work as-is. Upgrade to iOS 10 to take advantage of these new features, and get new transmitter data.
Don't forget Antenna Mate now works in New Zealand. Tell your Kiwi mates, or try it the next time you visit beautiful New Zealand.
* Updated United Kingdom data as of June 2017.
* Updated Australian data as of June 2017. +44 transmitters.
* Updated Australian data as of September 2016. +5 transmitters.
* Added support for large and accessible text. Adjust your preferred text size in Settings.
* Updated ACMA data as of September 2015.
* Works upside-down. Now you can look up and hold the device above your head.
* Find nearby transmitters up to 200 km from your current location. Was previously 150 km.
* Faster and smoother than before.
* Updated data for Australia (ACMA) as of February, 2015. -179 transmitters from November.
Like this update? Please rate it on the App Store. Your reviews go a long way to helping keep Antenna Mate sustainable.
* Updated data for Australia (ACMA) as of November, 2014. -18 transmitters.
* Updated data for Australia (ACMA) as of September, 2014. -138 transmitters.
* Updated data for Australia (ACMA) as of August, 2014. +241 transmitters.
* Updated data for Australia (ACMA) as of June, 2014. +97 digital transmitters.
* [UK] Updated Ofcom data as of January, 2014.
* [AU] Updated ACMA data as of April, 2014. +152 digital transmitters.
* Try out http://maps.antennamate.com to find and link to transmitters on your computer.
* [AU] Update ACMA data as of September, 2013. -644 analogue transmitters, +185 digital transmitters.
* [AU] Update ACMA data as of 01 June, 2013. -131 analogue transmitters, +37 digital transmitters.
* [AU] Update ACMA data as of 01 May, 2013. -251 analogue transmitters, +16 digital transmitters.
* Fixed a bug where different broadcasting sites with the same name would be missing (Eg: Perth, Western Australia and Perth, Scotland).
* [AU] Show transmitter channel.
* [AU] Order transmitters by lowest channel number first.
* [AU] Fix grouping transmitters by area served (Eg: Gore Hill, Willoughby and Artarmon in Sydney).
* +70 digital transmitters, -97 analogue transmitters.
* +38 digital transmitters, -8 analogue transmitters.
* +86 digital transmitters, -42 analogue transmitters
* -5 broadcasting sites, -92 analogue transmitters, +38 digital transmitters.
* Sort by strength or distance when changing sites.
* Improve moving between cities by reloading the best site after being closed for longer than 5 minutes.
* Improve responsiveness on iPad by plotting new bearing immediately after changing site.
* Update ACMA data as of 04 November, 2012.
* -94 analogue transmitters, +91 digital transmitters.
Thank you everyone for supporting Antenna Mate! If you like this update, consider rating Antenna Mate on the App Store.
- 15.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Tate Johnson
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it