"The interface in iGammon is clean and easy to use. Best of all, it just works."
• Large board and checkers
• Fast animation
• Autoplay forced moves
• Fast-forward plays both sides to the end of the game for you
• Undo button lets you to take back moves
• Running pip counts
• Choose direction of play and checker colours
• Human-vs-human play. Use your iPad or iPhone as a traveling backgammon board!
• Hint feature gives you a suggestion if you can't decide what to do
*** Try the Hint feature! Just watch the lightbulb (hint indicator) to see if it disappears when you finish your move. If so, you can pick up the dice knowing you've make the best move. Otherwise, try something else or tap on the lightbulb to see the computer's suggestion.
MODES OF PLAY
There are two modes of play: "table stakes" or "match play".
In TABLE STAKES, you and your opponent start with an equal number of chips. The goal is to collect all the chips before your opponent does. Use the doubling cube to increase the stakes. If you play with the "Jacoby rule", gammons and backgammon don't count unless the cube has been turned. If you play with the "Beavers rule", a player who accepts a double may immediately redouble and still keep the cube.
In MATCH PLAY, the goal is to be the first player to reach a specified total number of points. Use the doubling cube to increase the stakes. The "Crawford rule" takes the doubling cube out of play for one game when a player gets to within one point of winning.
You offer a double by sliding the cube over to your opponent's side of the board. Opponent can accept the double by pressing "Take" (the game continues at twice the previous stakes), or reject the double by pressing "Pass" (he loses the game and must pay the previous stakes.)
The computer AI is VERY strong. There are two levels of play: Average and Strong. Both are fun and challenging.
Thank you for all the suggestions. If you have a feature you'd like to see, please email me at email@example.com. Many user suggestions have already been incorporated into this app.
I hope you enjoy iGammon. Thank you for playing!
Tom Keith, August 2017
• Refined the graphics to look good on a larger screen.
• Tutor mode. Tells you when you've made a mistake. Then you can go back and think some more, ask for a hint, or make your own play anyway.
• Orientation lock. Keeps the board from rotating when you turn the phone.
* Match play. Be the first player to reach a specified number of points. Use doubling cube and optional Crawford rule. Match lengths can be 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 21, 25, or 99 points.
* Choose direction of play. Bear off to the left side or to the right side.
* Reverse colors. Play using either the red or the yellow checkers.
* Human-vs-human play. Use your iPhone or iPod touch as a traveling backgammon board.
* Auto finish game. Have computer finish the game for you.
Landscape mode -- game switches to landscape mode when iphone/ipod is rotated.
Strong AI -- now there are four levels of play: "Cautious," "Wild," "Advanced," and "Expert."
Many minor features to improve the playing experience -- touching the dice to switch their order, option for auto bearoff, fast animation.
- 33.3 MB
- Update Date:
- Tom Keith
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it