Kakuro Rally is the latest spin on the logic puzzle game Kakuro, the addictive game that combines the excitement of crossword puzzles with the challenge of math and logic. And, now you can test your skills against the clock and advance to more complex puzzles as you meet the challenge.
Similar to the immensely popular Sudoku, classic Kakuro challenges players to complete a grid of numbers based on a simple set of rules…
1. Each cell must be filled with a number from 1 to 9, inclusive
2. The sum of the numbers entered in each run must add up to the total indicated by the number in the dark cells at the end of the run
3. A number cannot be repeated within the same run
Don’t let the simple rules fool you. The solution to the game is likely to be a bit more elusive.
Here are a few helpful hints to get you started:
1. Avoid the lure of the brute force approach. There is only one solution to each puzzle, so it may take a while.
2. Try to deduce the combination of numbers that can fit logically into the correct cells: For instance, if you have a column with two cells and their sum is 3, the only possible numbers that can be used are 1 and 2. But, which number goes in which cell? As in a crossword puzzle, look to its intersecting rows. If one of the rows has 2 cells and their sum is 4, then the only options in that row are 1 and 3. So, the only number that can be played in the intersecting cell is 1.
3. Find the combinations with the fewest possible choices and, by ruling out numbers that could not be used, you take the guess work out of solving each puzzle.
Over time, you will become familiar with the possible combinations and find yourself quickly navigating the easier puzzles. Not to worry -- larger, more complex puzzles will be waiting to challenge you.
Here are a few features included in Karkuro Rally:
* Rally/Classic Play modes – Rally mode allows you the option to test your puzzle skills against the clock based on a preset time limit.
* Choose the puzzle size and level of difficulty using puzzle categorizations (i.e., Easy, Medium, Hard) and puzzle picker.
* 'Auto-complete' – This feature auto-fills a cell when only one possible answer remains. For instance, if you have a 2-cell row with a sum of 6, if you enter a 5 in one cell, the other cell will automatically be filled with a 1.
* Auto-Notes Mode - When activated, the game will fill the notes field with all possible numbers for each cell and keep the possible numbers up-to-date with each change you make.
* 'Show Starting Hint' - If you need help getting started, the game will display the solution for one row or column.
- 18.1 MB
- Release Date:
- Dogfish Technologies, LLC
Safe to Download