Unlike other apps, which look for maximum possible speed through optimised testing, OpenSignal informs you about your true speed - what you are likely to experience when normally using your phone. Anyone using the app contributes data, informing others about real-world, not estimated, mobile performance (and we'll never ask you for personal information, just your signal strength stats).
With OpenSignal you can map cellular coverage, find Wi-Fi hotspots, test and improve your reception & get faster data.
- Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from
- Speed test for download, upload and latency
- Map of cell towers and Wifi hotspots
- Coverage maps allow you see the best/worst places for 2G, 3G and 4G
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about switching networks. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (Wifi hotspots).
Maps are not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and performance information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless hotspots are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower (the signal compass) will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal community to help us improve the app, just email email@example.com if you're interested.
- General stability improvements
- Coverage maps now look better on the iPhone X
Please let us know if you encounter more bugs at https://opensignalmaps.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Thanks, and keep the feedback coming, we are listening !
The dashboard compass behaves better now
Small improvement on the coverage maps
- A minor UI change to combine the 2G and 3G filters in the coverage map
- New icons
- New localization
- Performance improvements, particularly for the coverage maps
- Bug fix when saving speed test results
Fixed French translations.
- Improvements to the latency test
- Simplified Network Stats dialog
- Ability to sort data in Network Stats by: download, upload, latency, signal
- Big background improvements speedtest - we're now capturing many more metrics on how your operator performs
- Performance fixes and general maintenance
- Text update
- General bug fixes
- Filters fix
- Reduced battery usage
- Background location and data collection is opt in now - for more details see our blog at http://opensignal.com/blog/2016/05/31/background-data-collection/
- We squashed some bugs
Thanks everyone for the feedback!
- Speedtest methodology that more accurately measures speeds you typically experience on your device; your TRUE speed
- Updated design and animation making it easier to navigate throughout the entire app
- New coverage map filter system and search bar so you can view coverage any area around the world more easily
- New full screen NetworkRank view so you can read all network comparison stats clearly for the area you are viewing the map
- Sleeker graphics of the My Stats page, showing you how much data you've used over various time periods, both for cellular and wifi
- Multiple information points throughout the app to explain our methodology and what the technical terms mean
- Reformatted code and bug fixes to improve performance
- Feedback form fixed - send us comments, questions, and feature requests, please!
- Location permissions clarified - so you’re sure about what the app is doing and why
- We’ve also prettified a few pages!
- Support for iOS 8
- New sharing experience
- Upload test improved
- Better management of the memory
- Fixed issue retrieving average user data in my stats view
- Translated to Portuguese and Japanese
- Do you want to know all the information stored by the app? New OpenSignal for iOS allows you to show and export all the tests executed by your device.
- Available for iOS 7.0
- Compatible with iOS 8 (From Beta 4 and up)
- Compatible with iPod Touch
- Fixed issue getting the place name when sharing a speed test
- Now, you can see your location in the details of a WiFi or Tower.
- Now the tour is opened again when you restart it, with no need to open the app again
- Fixed issue with "Time with no signal" and "Time in 2G"
**This update will reset previously saved speedtest and coverage data**
- 28.3 MB
- Release Date:
- OpenSignal, Inc
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it