Spell Better dramatically improves spelling by offering powerful word prediction, advanced text-to-speech, and dyslexic spell checking. It delivers the best possible supports for lasting improvements in writing success.
Special Educators feel a palpable improvement in the energy and tenor of a classroom while using Spell Better with their learners.
◆ Helps reluctant and struggling writers get started
◆ Increases length and depth of writing
◆ Strengthens organization and composition skills
◆ Builds confidence and improves self-expression
◆ Leaves lasting improvements in core spelling and grammar skills
▶ CORE FEATURES
◆ Word prediction & auto-completion
◆ Context and phonetic spell checker
◆ Text-to-Speech with word highlighting
◆ Fonts optimized for Dyslexia
◆ Integrated English dictionary (with IPA symbols)
◆ Audio pronunciation for all words
◆ Color-coded Keyboard (Vowels vs. Consonants)
◆ Insert photos and use rich text formatting (bold, italics, underline)
◆ Three different vocabulary size settings
◆ Easily and quickly learns new custom vocabulary
◆ Customize background colors and text size
◆ Export as PDF, Email, Printing, Messages, Clipboard and more.
◆ Dedicated Undo/Redo buttons for accidental deletes
◆ Accepts both taps and swipes on word prediction buttons
◆ VoiceOver support with detailed labels and hints
◆ Integrated Speech Recognition (speech-to-text)
▶ SPELL CHECK EXAMPLES
- Real-word spelling errors ("peace" > "piece")
- Phonetic spelling errors ("preshius" > "precious", "peturs" > "pictures")
- Word boundary errors ("verynice" > "very nice")
- Skipped and repeated letters ("probley" > "probably")
- Missed vowels ("Ths is rly amzng" > "This is really amazing")
- Homophone substitutions and other complex orthographic errors
Spell Better will take this sentence:
> I throwed the dall to my cuzin and wnt imside to ahve a peace ofcake.
And correct it to:
> I threw the ball to my cousin and went inside to have a piece of cake.
And it'll do most of the corrections dynamically, as the sentence is being typed.
▶ REVIEWS & TESTIMONIALS
"Multiple students of mine are now requesting that I bring my iPad to class so they can use this app to complete all of their assignments. These students are generally disengaged and tend to avoid all work requiring them to write/ organize their thoughts and it is so exciting to see how much their enthusiasm increases when given supports such as SpellBetter."
"We did have a chance to try Spell Better and love it! The update came out just in time for our full day iPads in Special Education training we gave yesterday so that we were able to let others know about what a great app it is for word prediction. "
"This is brilliant for my dyslexic pupils and others who struggle to write. It's really useful for homework, too. Great communications with Nanavit [sic] have ironed out my inadequate ability with any ICT! A superb App, thank you!"
▶ TRUSTED & PROVEN FOR WRITING SUCCESS
Spell Better is currently featured by Apple in the Special Education section of the App Store. It is widely used in thousands of schools throughout the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Spell Better is trusted and recommended by:
◆ Apple (App Store > Education > Special Education)
◆ The University of Michigan, Center for the Development of Language & Literacy (dyslexiahelp.umich.edu)
◆ Pennsylvania Department of Education
◆ Ministry of Education, New Zealand
◆ National Disability Coordination Officer Program (NDCO), Australian Government (www.innovation.gov.au)
Get Spell Better today and help your learners achieve success in writing.
- Settings option to adjust speech rate
- Smoother text-to-speech highlighting transitions
- New app icon
- Ability to insert bigger photos and handle larger documents in the editor
- More formatting options (bold, italics, underline) & better PDF generator
- Improved grammar correction and analysis in word prediction
- Faster and uses less memory.
- Better handling of large documents.
- Increases maximum font size.
- Consistent autocorrect capitalization.
- Bug fixes.
- Ability to insert pictures
- More export options (including PDF)
- Uses less memory
- Better VoiceOver support
- Smoother spell checking flow.
- Adds Undo/Redo buttons.
- Option to speak out loud words in prediction bank
- Bug fixes
- Expanded real-word error correction.
- Improved Spell Correction for dyslexic errors
- Improved Spell Correction for smaller words ("duz" -> "does")
- Ability to adjust printing font size
- Intuitive and better Text-to-Speech
- Bug Fixes
- Ability to select prediction vocabulary size
- Significant improvement in phonetic spell checking and correct-as-you-type.
- Better handling of capitalization in cache.
- You can now swipe up to select a predicted word (in addition to tapping)
- Improved word prediction.
- 64.4 MB
- Release Date:
- Navanit Arakeri
Safe to Download