X-Anatomy is a transaxial cross-sectional human anatomy interactive medical imaging atlas using CT images, designed for medical professionals & all students of anatomy.
X-Anatomy is developed and maintained by board-certified physicians who were unsatisfied with the inadequacy of the existing anatomy apps and books with lack of clinically relevant detail or poor interface.
We created X-Anatomy to use for ourselves, tested and used in clinical practice and as an interactive learning resource. Therefore, we developed and maintain these features:
• Includes hundreds of images from actual human patient body scans.
• Detailed anatomic notes about muscles, vessels, and key anatomic structures
• Includes lymph node stations for neck cancers (AJR), breast cancers (AJCC), lung cancers (IASLC) used by surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, radiation oncologists, etc. Includes liver segment (Couinaud) classifications.
• Complete color-coded index of anatomic structures
• FOLLOW the positions and pathways of your selected anatomic structures automatically as you SCROLL through the image slices.
• Use the intuitive BODY LOCALIZER to show you where you are as you scroll through the body, as well as the general region of the anatomic structure
INCLUDED body section modules cover the major body sections from head to pelvis: CT Brain, CT Neck, CT Sinuses, CT Chest, CT Lungs, CT Abdomen & Male Pelvis, CT Abdomen & Female Pelvis.
Who uses X-Anatomy? We have received reports from people all over the world, including:
• Physicians and residents of all specialties, including radiologists, nuclear medicine, radiation oncologists, surgeons, neurologists, gastroenterologists, primary care, physical rehabilitation, etc., all physicians whose patients need CT scans.
• Medical students and pre-medical students
• Imaging technologists and students (x-ray/CT/PET/MRI)
• Nurses and nursing students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants
• Physical therapists and students
• Chiropractors and students
• All health care personnel
• Biomedical-related scientists and researchers who need a cross sectional human anatomy reference
• Anyone interested in learning about the human body or has had a CT scan of themselves and has taken home a copy of the images.
• Now updated for the iPhone X display
• Now compatible with iOS 11
• Now updated for the iPhone X display
• Now compatible with iOS 11
* Also incorporated are upgrades and minor big fixes especially for compatibility with iOS 10.1 and beyond. For example, the color-coded bullet points for anatomic structures in the searchable index have now been corrected.
• In-app purchases are no longer required. You now have all existing body sections and all FUTURE modules automatically included in updates.
• A new completely redesigned interface is cleaner and even more efficient for medical professionals and students. Remember that we designed and use X-Anatomy ourselves in private practice health care. New features include automatic display of all categorically-related anatomic structures within an image slice, as well as a new search field to help find a structure within the main index.
• Works with iOS 9 Split View and Slide Over multitasking, confirmed on multiple hardware screen sizes including the iPad Pro.
Please consider adding a positive review of X-Anatomy in the App Store, describing why and how you use X-Anatomy. Thank you!
More body section modules are in development. We are working to get these to you as fast as possible, but these take time to complete.
🔹Improved intuitive controls: For all iPad/iPhone/iPod touch customers, the user interface to scroll through the body has been updated to greatly simplify your understanding of where you are and how you are moving through the body. You just have to try it!
🔹Added and/or corrected anatomic labeling of several structures, includiing the brain white matter, lattisimus dorsi muscle, longissimus erector spinae muscle, jugular vein bulb.
🔹Bug fixes to assure your experience remains smooth while displaying the structure index and scrolling through the image slices.
🔹Added behind-the-scenes functionality to alert us immediately to any unexpected crashes experienced by customers so we can quickly correct any problems.
🔹As always, remember that you can contact support within the X-Anatomy app itself. To keep in touch with the progress on upcoming updates, follow us on Twitter @x_anatomy.
🔹Corrected - Added the celiac artery and its branches to the male & female abdominopelvic modules, which were mistakenly omitted from prior versions. The left adrenal gland labelling in the male abdominopelvic module was corrected; part of the structure is the splenic artery.
🔹Modified - Minor enhancements to the annotation graphics to help improve visibility of the identification of structures.
🔹More major improvements in progress to be released soon!
🔹Improved - Notable enhancements to the colored formatting of the detailed anatomic notes of most structures, to help you read & absorb details quickly
🔹New - Now includes thoracic node and axillary node classifications used in lung and breast cancer by surgeons, radiologists, radiation oncologists, oncologists, etc.
🔹Improved - More anatomic structure annotations. We are working towards further completion in upcoming versions.
🔹Improved - New icon to help you distinctly identify and to be more representative of X-Anatomy. We have already been testing and using this icon on x-anatomy.com and twitter @x_anatomy
🔹New - Some behind-the-scenes advancements include in-app analytics to help us improve user functionality
🔹Improved - Updated the engine behind the in-app support functions. Again thanks to Davphys for alerting us to problems accessing support through the app. If you are still having issues with the support screens, please let us know at x-anatomy.com
🔹New - Follow @x_anatomy on twitter for updates on upcoming versions
👍 Please rate X-Anatomy on the App Store. The in-app button link to rate X-Anatomy on the App Store is now fixed! Remember, if you have any questions or problems, please use the in-app access to support.
✔ Improvements to organization of bronchi (for those with the CT Lungs module) for more understandable display in the index
✔ Improvements to color coding of digestive structures based on feedback from a gastroenterologist physician.
✔ New icon to help you identify X-Anatomy™ faster.
✔ Bug fixes
✔ More improvements and additions to X-Anatomy will be available soon. Follow us on twitter @x_anatomy for sneak previews on upcoming changes
📥 Now Available: Modules for purchase within the app for those that need these body sections: CT Brain, CT Neck, CT Lungs, CT Female Abdomen & Pelvis.
🔢 Now with quick on-screen instructions to help first-time users know the features.
🆘 Now with in-app support, you can report problems or submit suggestions. (⚠Known issue: the direct link to App Store rating will be fixed in the next version)
🔆 Thousands of additional anatomic structure points have been labelled. Expect more clinically-relevant labelling and new body section modules in the future.
😬 Apologies to those of you who downloaded an earlier incomplete version that was not ready and was accidentally made available.
New for Version 1.1:
⚡ Optimized for speed and ease of use: medical professionals need information fast.
🎨 New color coding of anatomic structures helps you identify structures and patterns more quickly and more easily.
🚹 New body localizer: know where you are in the body as you scroll through the image slices.
- 130.8 MB
- Release Date:
- Isidoro Medical Engineering
Safe to Download