Australian Oxford Dictionary, 2nd Edition
This flagship dictionary draws on the databases of Australian English at the Australian National Dictionary Centre – including its fast-growing national corpus and its research into Australian English, as well as the resources of the incomparable Oxford English Dictionary
This book retails for A$115 (that's without sound)
▸ 170,000+ headwords, phrases, and derivative forms
▸ Over 200,000 indexed entries
▸ 35,000 detailed word origins or etymologies
▸ More than 12,500 encyclopedic entries
▸ 64,000 IPA pronunciation entries
▸ Plus over 53,000 authentic Oxford sound files
▸ The encyclopedic entries are more detailed than in any comparable Australian dictionary – for example, the place-name entries not only geographically locate the place in question, but also provide information about the character of the place and its historical, economic, or political importance.
▸ Special attention is given to Australian culture and history, including Aboriginal history.
▸ Detailed entries on many topics – political parties, religious organisations, historical events, mythological, fictional characters, and more
▸ Special appendices include grammar, punctuation, Australian leaders and collective nouns
This iPhone/iPod touch version also includes:
• progressive look-up for quick searching
• unique three-way cross-referencing index
• search string normalization
• wildcard pattern searches -using * ?
• spelling checking and suggestions -with Australian words
• hyperlinks on words in definitions
• bookmark with folders and notes facility
• automatic search history function
• complete front matter and appendices
• "Retina Display" support
• "Fast App-Switching" (Multitasking)
• DarkMode support
• iPhone 12 support
• iPad Pro multi-screen and Drag & Drop
• "Word-a-day" feature with TOEIC® & TOEFL® lists
• "Share" extension to search inside other apps -with "store for later"
• support for an external thesaurus and alternate dictionaries (if installed)
• round-trip lookup from third-party apps *
• no internet connection is required
(sound files can be downloaded and installed locally)
The Australian Oxford Dictionary is edited by Australia's most influential lexicographer, Dr. Bruce Moore. As in all his Oxford dictionaries, Dr. Moore is attuned to new currents in Australian language and usage. He includes a full range of neologisms, especially the protean language of younger Australians and of computing and electronic communication. This is not just a dictionary for scholars and pedants. It reveals our changing language in up-to-date and entertaining ways, and it will be an essential reference for the new millennium.
This application is distributed with the written permission of Diotek and Oxford University Press.
The Australian Oxford Dictionary is much more than some collection of antipodean colloquialisms, but is a learned study of the wider sphere of the English language.
Enfour is proudly owned and operated by Australians based in Tokyo. We have been supplying dictionaries and language solutions internationally for nearly 20 years.
Australian Oxford Dictionary (AOD) © Oxford University Press 2004
Powered by Enfour's -"UniDict Engine 10"
- 361.8 MB
- Update Date:
- Enfour, Inc.
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it