Big Time Coach Baseball/Softball Game Planner brings you over 30 years of baseball management experience from the field to our latest app for the iPad. Each year coaches everywhere seek a better solution to managing the game experience, player experience and parent expectations. Game Manager delivers a great resource for coaches to assist you in managing your rosters before you even get to the game.
Game Planner also comes with built in reporting to track the number of innings each player plays by position. This is a great resource for league rules with position requirements for players by games and a great tool for coaches to share with parents concerned about playing time and player positions.
Big Time Coach Baseball/Softball Game Planner Features include:
- Game Roster Management.
- One touch communication to coaching staff on rosters before the game.
- Player inning tracking.
- Position tracking by player.
- Innings pitched by player tracking.
- Included in the Baseball/Softball Game Planner is the newly created Help Viewer developed by the Big Time Coach team. Making it easy for any user to quickly understand how to use and operate the app.
- TeamSnap integration: Using TeamSnap? Now create and update teams that you already have in Game Planner. This reduces setup time for a team to seconds.
- SportsEngine integration: Is your league using SportsEngine? Now create and update teams that you already have in Game Planner. This reduces setup time for a team to seconds.
- Support for Softball: We've added support for softball including 10 defensive players, softball field view, and now support for the DP/Flex rule used in Travel Ball and High School.
- There so many more features in this app it's hard to list them all! Download the App today to get ready for the new season!
We are dedicated to providing coaches, parents and youth organizations everywhere the tools that they need to succeed.
Check out our family of apps: Practice Planner [Baseball, Soccer, and more on the way], Tryout & Draft, League Draft, Pitch Counter, and Injury Report on the App Store. To learn more about Big Time Coach, visit our website at www.BigTimeCoach.com. We are constantly developing more tools for coaches and would love to hear from you on what you need as a coach.
Big Time Coach, Helping Players, One Coach At A Time!
- Fixed an issue with using progressive or random batting orders when adding multiple games at one time.
- Minor bug fixes and other updates.
At BTC, we work hard to respond when coaches request a feature that will help them better manage their team and games. Our new "Innings Summary" views allow you to see a full summary of inning information for the game including:
- Total Innings (In and Out)
- Infield Innings
- Outfield Innings
- Innings by Position
This will help when your league has requirements for total innings, starts, and min/max by position.
Each summary may be printed or emailed as a pdf to allow sharing or reporting.
We hope you enjoy this new feature.
A few bugs were identified and fixed in this version.
Thanks to coaches who are reporting crashes - we've made a fix that can crash the app in specific situations with the drag-and-drop field view.
Other minor updates.
- Isolated an issue were if no teams were available for a league, the app would crash.
Found a bug that would cause a crash when users would have teams setup for Progressive batting order. This has been updated.
Per the suggestion of our partners at SportsEngine® we've modified the team selection interface to filter out teams that are no longer active. These teams or leagues are setup with either Disabled or Private status, and are filtered in the SportsEngine® App so we're going to follow along.
Of note: if you have a team downloaded previously, that team will still work fine. You just will not be able to see the teams who are not currently active.
We've been on a roll lately adding sharing capabilities to nearly all of our apps, and Game Planner is no exception.
We've added a new export type for games - Email Import File. When using this function Game Planner will create an email with a special file attached that will allow the recipient of the email to import the game and associated team information into their own copy of Game Planner.
This is a great way for coaches to share the game plan with other members of the staff especially when you are not in the same location.
New Universal Version Available!
If you've been using Game Planner for a while, you may be like us and want something more convenient than a printout to take to the game. For our coaches and users who share the same desire - we've created a new version of Game Planner - BB/SB Game Planner UV - that has both iPad and iPhone versions included.
With AirDrop you can create the game plan on your iPad, but then drop it onto your phone and take it to the game without having to print. You'll be able to easily get changes for an inning, and make updates to the game plan on-the-fly for those times when players don't show up for the game. Then record the results of the game, and AirDrop back to your iPad!
For our loyal users we've made the change simply by bundling the two apps together (current and UV version) so that you'll only pay $2.00 to upgrade. We encourage you to migrate over and enjoy the benefits of iPhone portability.
Bug Fixes and Updates
We cleaned up a few things under-the-hood to make the app perform better, especially when loading updated pitching days rest information.
With feedback from our staff and quite a few users, we've made dramatic changes to the way you navigate and perform actions in Game Planner.
Actions Replace the Task List
We admit that the old "Task List" was a real pain to use for navigation. As a result, we have removed the "Task List" and added an "Actions" button to aid in navigation. This does two things:
1) All the navigation is directly on each view. No need to navigation to the task list.
2) Lists (evaluations, players, drafts) are now embedded in the view for better response and context.
Actions Consolidate Lower Navigation Bar
In many views there was a blue navigation bar at the bottom of the view. This view had many buttons for actions in the view context. The problem was that this navigation bar would get extremely crowded. The blue navigation bar also took up significant space at the bottom of the view. All of these functions have now been moved to the "Actions" list on each view.
Bug Fixes and Updates
Of course no new release would be complete without a number of bug fixes and updates. We've done a number of things "under-the-hood" to make the app perform better and be more stable.
Reviews, Feedback, and Forums
If you love the app like our coaches do - please take a moment and do a review on iTunes. This will help us continue to make improvements and support everyone who is having success using Tryout and Draft Management.
If you have concerns, issues, or just want to reach out.. Don't hesitate to contact us via our website http://www.bigtimecoach.com.
- Based on a user request last week, we added Support for DP/Flex rule in softball. DP/Flex rules allow you to have one player play defense only and a 2nd player bat for the defensive player. The DP player will appear in the order with the 'DP' position, while the Flex player will be placed in the final position (typically the 10th position) in the line up card.
DP/Flex is now an option on Team game defaults and Game setup. If selected, the DP position will be included in position validation. You may setup substitution for a DP or Flex player just as you would any other position substitution.
We'll make additional changes to DP/Flex setups as we receive feedback from users.
- Added validation and warnings when changing the default positions for a game. In previous versions removing a position from the list of positions on the game plan would result in a crash if players had previously been assigned that position. You now get a warning prompt with a choice to continue or cancel. Should you choose continue - any players assigned to the position you are removing will have that position removed from their assignments.
- Fixed a bug where the first team created would not appear in the Teams list until after the app had been restarted.
- Minor updates and bug fixes that did not make the SportsEngine® release
This is another beta feature - but we wanted to get this out to all of our users for testing. If you encounter any problems or issues, please report them to the BTC Support team through our forum or email. Links to those are available under the 'More' tab, and the 'Extras' menu item.
Coaches have been asking for it, and we've now been able to add SportsEngine integration into Game Planner. If your league is using SportsEngine, you'll now be able to create new teams from SportsEngine and import all your players and team staff directly into the app.
This makes adding a team very fast and efficient. Once a team is linked to SportsEngine you may update the team members or add new players or staff with a simple update.
If your league does not have BTC apps setup for access yet, have your administrator contact SportsEngine® to setup access for BTC apps.
We're really looking forward to our new functionality and integration with SportsEngine!
This is a beta feature - but we wanted to get this out to all of our users for testing. If you encounter any problems or issues, please report them to the BTC Support team through our forum or email. Links to those are available under the 'More' tab, and the 'Extras' menu item.
Coaches have been asking for it, and we've now been able to add TeamSnap integration into Game Planner. If you are a TeamSnap member, you'll now be able to create new teams using TeamSnap and import all your players and team staff directly into the app.
This makes adding a team very fast and efficient. Once a team is linked to TeamSnap you may update the team members or add new players or staff with a simple update.
We're really looking forward to our new functionality and integration with TeamSnap!
- We know how much everyone likes to update their iOS just as soon as it comes out and we're the same. This version has been tested with iOS 10 so you're good to go using the latest version of iOS!
Due to many user requests - we've incorporated the Days Rest calculations from our Pitch Counter app into Game Planner. If you add an age (league age for Little League), the app will automatically calculate days rest for you when you enter pitch counts after the game.
This makes planning a game easier as you may look up who is eligible for pitching on the game date.
We hope you enjoy this enhancement as much as we do!
- Added a 'toggle' to the Player Facts that will display either total games played (default), or games started.
- Added innings played by position to the player facts export.
- Minor bug fixes and performance updates.
- Updated games list to provide home/away basis in title (at = away - vs. = home)
- Updates for better memory management
- Fixed a problem with the Games listing that could cause a crash
- Updated view for Game Detail for better use of +/- buttons
- Updates for better memory management
- Made change to 'Full Player Facts' view to properly display total innings per player
- Updated 'Info' for Game Planning view to explain functions - including changing batting order - more clearly.
- Performance improvements
Performance optimization and bug fixes
Changes to support iOS 9 and provide a platform for the new features available.
We're seeking feedback from coaches with regards to what they would like to search for with spotlight search in Game Planner. Please use the BTC forum (forum.bigtimecoach.com) to let us know what you would like to search for, and we'll discuss it on the forum.
-- Enhancements --
- Updated the pitch count entry to be a number pad to make that bit of data entry more straight forward for coaches.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements under the hood.
-- iPad Pro Compatibility --
In preparation for the iPad Pro shipping, we've updated all of the interfaces to work with the new view sizes. If you're lucky enough to have one of the new iPad Pro's... Game Planner will continue to work for you as before.
-- App Reviews --
Our goal is to make great apps for everyone who purchases them. If someone does not like the app, we ask them to give us feedback so that we may address the issues and make changes, but some users opt to leave feedback on iTunes without asking for help, and those ratings hurt our ability to enable coaches and reach players.
We ask that if you really hate the app, contact us so that we may help you or, simply ask Apple for a refund. They will grant it and you'll have no additional impact.
However, if - like many of our coaches - like or love the app... You can help ensure continued development and support for the app that you use by contributing a review on iTunes. It only takes a few minutes and you'll be helping other Coaches and Players by keeping Game Planner going.
As always, the BTC mantra is - Helping Players one Coach at a Time.
- Per input from coaches: swapped the innings and uniform number columns in the game planning views. This makes it easier to fill out lineup cards and make substitutions during games.
- Changed selection listing in the innings copy so that current inning is not automatically selected.
- Fixed bug in Game Planning view that would cause a crash when editing individual player positions.
- Minor bug fixes and performance updates.
This is particularly effective when combined with the game copy function.
- Added ability to drag players from positions and return them to the players list in the Field View.
- Added ability to 'tag' players as absent in Game Detail and Game Planning views. Players 'tagged' as absent are highlighted in all game list views, and are excluded from the Field View.
- Added 'Line Up' card that provides a double version of a nicely formatted line up card.
- Added 'AirPrint' functionality to Line Up Card and Game Plan to enable direct printing when an 'AirPrint' compliant printer is on the network.
- Added 'Game Copy' function to allow wholesale copy of previously used game plans.
- 13.6 MB
- Update Date:
- Carl Rendell
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it