Featured authors include Charles Spurgeon, George Müller, Harriet Beecher Stowe, John Wesley, C. T. Studd, Andrew Murray, D. L. Moody, Phoebe Palmer, Frances Ridley Havergal, and William Bramwell, as well as many others.
The Christian's Daily Challenge is a daily devotional that was written by Edwin and Lillian Harvey in the middle of the twentieth century. Each page was bathed in prayer before it's inclusion in the volume, and they write in their forward: "A title such as that used for this volume should not be lightly chosen. Nor has it been in this case. For some years, it has seemed to us that one of the greatest present needs of Christianity was a challenge to Christians themselves. We live in the shadow, as it were, of periods of Church History that have produced many men and women of deepest piety who have witnessed widespread and lasting revivals. In our own era we sense an unrest about spiritual things resulting in much organized effort to bring the careless back to the Church. But what will be the result if our religious centers are not true nurseries for the spiritual infants?"
I have been blessed with this book time and time again, and this app is my small token of appreciation for the truths represented within the pages.
Purchasing this app supports Harvey Christian Publishers, as well as helping to offset the cost of the app's development.
- New look & cleaner interface
- Night reading mode (light text on a dark background)
- Improved sharing, with a supporting website: http://dailychallenge.me. Now, when you share a devotional via email, or on social media, people can click on the link that was sent out and actually read that day's devotional; even if they don't have the app yet.
- Full-Text search - with operators. So, you can find a devotional that has both lamp, as well as light in it, by searching: "lamp AND light" (notice that capitalization of the AND / OR operators *is* important.)
** To celebrate this release, we're putting the app on sale for a limited time!!! **
- Fixed HTML character formatting issues in the devotional text database. (A special thank you to my lovely wife for doing a lot of that work!)
- Fixed an issue where the unread indicator would revert to an unread status when you favorited a devotional on iPad.
- 16.8 MB
- Release Date:
- Ryan Hoshor
- In-App Purchases:
Upgrade to the Full Version $5.99
Support Daily Challenge $0.99More
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it