Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed over 111 marathons and has won four overall victories and numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 2
This Novice 2 Half Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginning runners who want to prepare for their first 13.1-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will allow them to excel without making excessive demands upon their time.
Novice 2 is designed for those who have been running a while, who may even have finished a 5-K or 10-K, thus a half marathon presents the next step upward. There is slightly more mileage in Novice 2, just enough to guarantee a higher level of readiness.
Before starting to train for a half marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 13.1-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Novice 2 Plan
* Twelve weeks long
* Run four days a week
* Cross train one day a week
* Rest two days a week
* Three regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 4 to 12 miles
* The plan finishes with the 1/2 marathon on race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* See dates for recommended 5K and 10K races during your training
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Screen prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* Keep track of your runs on the in app calendar
* Beautiful graphs show your progress
* Set a goal for distance, pace, weight loss, and distance ran
* See your run on a map*
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
*Feature not available on iPod touch. Since iPod touch does not have a built-in GPS antenna, the app will ask you for your pace or treadmill speed and will then calculate the time it will take you complete the required distance.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Compatible with iOS 9.0, requires iOS 6.0 or greater.
- 34.2 MB
- Release Date:
- Bluefin Software, LLC
Safe to Download