It's great for practice because it has a special "Odometer" style input that makes it easy to quickly count up and down by ones, tens, hundreds, etc. Of course it has a calculator-style input, too. And for practice there are flashcards, and a game: tap in the number as fast as you can.
Here are some of the things Polynumial is useful for:
• Quick translation of numbers into spelled-out words.
• Learning to count in another language
• Writing out a number on a check
• Practicing number translation.
It translates over 50 languages (see the list below).
For most languages when you enter a number Polynumial shows the spelled-out version, like "cuarenta y dos" for 42 in Spanish.
For languages that aren't based on the latin alphabet it also supports the 'latinized' spellings, to help you remember how to pronounce them. So in Chinese the number 1,234 is spelled "一千二百三十四“, and the pronounceable version (in pinyin) is "yī qiān èr bǎi sān shí sì".
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Mandarin), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Ewe, Faroese, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kalaallisut, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian: Bokmål & Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic & Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh.
• New game: "Spelled TapNum" - see the spelled number, tap out the digits as fast as you can, but don't hit the wrong number!
• Game Center support for selected languages: save your high scores, see your rank on the leaderboard
• Now requires iOS 8 or greater
• Interface Improvements - adjusted the 'speak number' button so it's easier to hit without accidentally getting 'copy to clipboard'. Also, fixed a bug where the button doesn't appear in iOS 7
If you like Polynumial please rate/review it in the App store. Also check out the sharing options in the Tools menu. Spread the word!
• General under-the-hood improvements
Speak-number works with dozens of languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Hindi, and many others!
• Framework updates ("under the hood" improvements)
Please rate us in the app store if you like Polynumial and find it useful!
• Bug fixes
• Now requires iOS 7 or higher
• Bug fixes related to in-app purchase
• Bug fixes
• Changes to title banner and ads
• Many under-the-hood improvements
For a limited time: discount on the pro upgrade, now only $0.99!
• Under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes
• Fixed several minor display issues.
• Fixed issue in iOS 7 with language labels overlapping status bar when no ads showing
• Fixed issue with launch image fade-in in iPads
• Bug Fixes
• Now a native iPad app!
• Updated for iOS 7
• Updated Themes
• Drill mode uses separate flashcards for native and latinized answers
• Many improvements 'under the hood'
• A few 'eye candy' improvements
• Awesome new feature: Transliteration of non-latin character sets into latin alphabet. Great for practicing pronunciation! (Includes Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic, Persian, Cyrillic-based languages, Thai, Korean, Greek, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, and Tamil).
• Added a language: Ewe (spoken in Togo & Ghana).
• Minor visual enhancements - check out the "Split Phrase Components" option for English (Coming soon for other languages!)
• Ad banner stops showing the "Rate Me" prompt after user selects the rating option.
• Added option to visit Polynumial's Facebook page. Please like us on Facebook!
Please refresh your review on the App store when you update Polynumial, you will only be 'nagged' once to rate each new version of the app.
• Spelled number text is centered in output window
• Other subtle but significant interface enhancements
- 17.2 MB
- Release Date:
- David Richmond
- In-App Purchases:
Safe to Download