The combination of a rapid test and a smartphone app allows a fast and precise vitamin D level measurement within a few minutes. A video tutorial guides you step by step through the entire process. To perform the test, painlessly collect a blood sample from your fingertip and apply it to the test device. After a few minutes, the test device is scanned by using your smartphone camera. The special PREVENTIS SmarTest® Vitamin D app calculates the vitamin D concentration and immediately shows the result on the smartphone – in this way you can watch your vitamin D level by yourself and optimal adjust your vitamin D supplements.
Please find the list of supported smartphones (system requirements) and further information at: http://vitd.preventis.com/en/
Vitamin D for your health
Vitamin D plays an important role in our metabolism, especially for bone health. The body can produce vitamin D in the skin with the help of sunlight. Therefore, it is often called the „sunshine vitamin“. Unfortunately, reduced sunlight hours in the winter, lack of outdoor time and use of sunscreen can easily lead to a vitamin D deficiency.
Ideal vitamin D level
• Promotes bone health and prevents osteoporosis or rickets
• Protects against infections, for example cold
Vitamin D deficiency and its relation to cardiovascular disease, autoimmune diseases, and even cancer and diabetes are also discussed in medical science.
Tips for an ideal level of vitamin D
• Frequent outdoor activities (15-20 minutes of sun with more than 40% of skin exposure is optimal)
• Eating vitamin D rich foods: fish (salmon, herring), liver, cheese, mushrooms and avocados
• Adding vitamin supplements to diet (if necessary or recommended)
- An error related to the "12-hour clock" has been fixed.
- We have added the following languages: French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Greek, Turkish and Russian.
- 78.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Preventis GmbH
Safe to Download