The data is based on the FAA, EASA and Transport Canada Holdover Time Guidelines for Winter 2019-2020 and are available through yearly subscriptions.
According to the EASA Safety Information Bulletin SIB 2017-11 the FAA Holdover Time Guidelines are to be used instead of the previous AEA Guidelines.
With Winter OPS you can not only easily find your hold over time, but also set an alarm to warn the approaching expiry of the HOT.
With just one glance you get an overview what HOT other fluids would have, then choose the required or sprayed fluid to get your HOT.
Find useful information such as qualified fluids, weather definitions, anti/de-icing definitions & application guidelines.
iOS 13 dark mode is supported and helps you not to ruin your night vision.
Decode the SNOWTAMs for your airports. Enter the Data by either Text input or Picker input, it's your choice.
The Decoder translates the number and letters into plain language and lets you chose the approach Runway to get correct information for your landing.
Change the settings to meet your requirements.
• FAA / EASA / Tranport Canada
• Weather condition selection
• Weather intensity selection
• Precipitation Speed
• Rotation Speed
• Temperature setting (Slider / Buttons / °C / °F)
• Fluid / Water Mixture selection
• Fluid selection (incl. overview of all fluid HOTs)
• HOT Display
• Start Time settings (UTC / Device Time)
• End Time settings (UTC / Device Time / Countdown)
• Application Guidelines (1-Step / 2-Step / all Fluids / all Temperatures)
• Qualified Fluids (lists the fluid names included by FAA or TC)
• Weather Definitions
• De-/Anti-Icing Terms & Definitions
• E-Mail De-/Anti-Icing Information to OPS
• Light & Dark Color Scheme (iOS 13+)
• Warning Levels (Initial Warning / Last Warning / Expiry)
• Individual Notification Settings
• SNOWTAM Decode
• Text Input / Picker Input
• Selection of Approach Runway possible
• Archive with the last 100 SNOWTAMS
• iPad supports both orientations / iPhone only portrait.
If you find any mistakes in the program, please contact us at email@example.com, we will then rectify the error immediately.
We are also happy to integrate user requested new features.
Some more Information you can find on our website: www.mr-apps.ch
If you require a template for integration into your Winter OPS Guide, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I will then send you the documentation.
NOTE: This Application reflects general recommendations only and local airworthiness agencies’ rulemaking and guidance as well as aircraft manufacturers’ documentation must always be followed. As individual icing situations or aeroplane types/models may require special procedures, this application can never replace the responsibility of the aeroplane operator’s judgement. The responsibility for the correct de-icing/anti-icing of aeroplanes always stays with the operator of the aeroplane. Although great care has been taken by the developer, errors or misprints can occur for which neither the developer nor the FAA/TC (information source) can be held liable. The developer or the FAA/TC (information source) do not accept liability for any damage, personal injury, death or any other negative effect that may result from the use of the information contained in this application as a whole or parts thereof.
Anybody or any organisation using this application and the information contained therein does so at its own risk and responsibility and must check, among other things, for last update available.
- for "all fluids" Subscription in the Hold Over Time Tab
- for all subscriptions in the Qualified Fluids Tab
- search for Fluid Name or Fluid Manufacturer
- refine search for specific fluid type only
Minor Bug fixes
Some design & dark mode improvements
Transport Canada Regulations will be added in the next few days.
Allowance Times for weather like ice pellets or small hail added.
Completely rewritten the application to ensure stability and quality of the application.
• EASA Holdovertimes Winter 2018-2019 (see desclaimer below)
• Updated Fluid application guidelines
• Updated qualified fluids, now with LOUT and viscosity details
• Wingsurface selector added
• Flapsetting selector added
• Precipitation Speed selector added
As there are no more AEA Anti-/De-icing guidelines, EASA has defined in the Safety Information Bulletin SIB 2017-11, that the FAA Holdover Time Guidelines are to be used.
Due to the different structure of the FAA Holdovertime tables, the Holdovertime determination needed to be completely redesigned and the application guidelines needed a revision, which unfortunately took a lot of time developing and thorough testing.
The FAA Holdovertimes sometimes differentiate between aluminium wingsurfaces and composite wingsurfaces. This selection has been added to the new version.
Additionally the app can now differentiate if the flaps/slats are "in" during anti-icing or deployed only shortly before take/off or if the flaps/slats have already been deployed during anti-icing.
For certain precipitations the FAA Holdovertime tables provide values for different precipitation speeds. For example "very light", "light" or "medium" Snowfall have two values for holdovertimes. A higher protection time for low precipitation speed and a lower protection time when high precipitation speed is present.
The Holdovertimes for the Generic Fluids Types I, II, III and IV are available.
Additionally the Qualified Fluids have been updated in the application and now show the tested Lowest Operational Use Temperatures and the lowest on-wing viscocity.
The additional information on weather and de-icing are based on the former AEA guidelines.
To further ensure yearly updates of the holdover times, the guidelines starting for winter 2019-2020 will be available through in-App purchase. There will be two packages, one for just the generic fluids and one for the specific fluids.
Additionally the application will be redeveloped and designed to the newest iOS.
- 46.7 MB
- Release Date:
- Mr. Apps GmbH
Safe to Download
AppPure.com and the download link of this app are 100% safe. The download link of this app will be redirected to the official App Store site, thus the app is original and has not been modified in any way.Got it