In Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Synaxarium is the classic, abridged, collection of the “Lives of the Saints,” intended for reading in the context of public worship, and to nourish the personal prayer life of the faithful. As the Church continues its journey toward its fulfillment in the Kingdom of heaven, it does not cease to grow through the addition of new saints in every generation. Thus the Synaxarium is a work which continues to be written, no so much with ink, but with the blood of the martyrs, the tears of the ascetics, and the wondrous deeds of those who love God, in every place where the word of the Gospel has resounded forth.
The world is sanctified, saved and redeemed through the presence of the saints that are in it like the leaven in the loaf, preparing mankind for the final revelation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The saints who shine with the divine light have become gods by the grace of the Holy Spirit, to the extent that baptized into Christ they have put on Christ. To the extent that they have taken up their cross with Christ, so as to crucify in themselves the old man, full of passions, sins and all uncleanness, they have been able to share also in the glory of Christ's Resurrection. By partaking in Christ's Passion through martyrdom, ascesis, tears and practice of all the evangelic virtues, the saints have overcome death with Him. They are henceforth alive to God, for Christ has made his abode with them.
We have three ways of bringing the saints daily into our spiritual lives: by chanting the hymns and church services dedicated to them, by venerating their icons and by reading their lives in the Synaxarion. Christians who live in the world may not be able to go to church every day to chant the praises of the saints but, whether alone or in the family, everyone can chant the troparion of the saint of the day, everyone can venerate the icon, everyone can devote a few minutes to reading or reading again the life of the saint in the Synaxarion. But the daily reading of these short accounts will not profit us unless we come to it in the spirit of venerating an icon. For what we read in the Synaxarion, imperfect though it be, makes the saint present to us no less than the figure in the holy icon and is equally grace-bearing. It all depends on our simplicity of heart. And so, wherever we find ourselves, whatever our spiritual level, whatever our desire to dedicate our life to God, we will find new strength in the Synaxarion and a foretaste of everlasting life, where all the saints with the angels around the throne of God will praise his Name.
Features of the App
• Material Design color schemes.
• Setting for Night mode and Day Mode
Multiple book collections
• Add two or more translations to the app.
• Multiple books of Ethiopian prayers
Fonts and Font Sizes
• You can change fonts sizes from toolbar or navigation menu.
• The app uses true type fonts for main view.
• Book contents are rearranged and missing parts included
• Colorful texts for the name of God, Jesus, St. Mary and Saints
• Notices and Orders in the book are written in italic for emphasis
• Added interface translations in English, Amharic and Afaan Oromoo.
• Changing the app Interface language will change menu item’s name.
• Powerful and fast search features
• Search the whole words and accents
• Number of search results displayed at the bottom of the page
• Allow the user of the app to configure the following settings:
• Book selection type: list or grid
• Red Letters: show the name of saints in red
- 69.2 MB
- Update Date:
- Getahun Ayalew
Safe to Download